Well week one is done in the land of wheat!! It has been one crazy adventure here in Wheatland but it has been so stinking fantastic!!! Wheatland is by far the most interesting place I have been in my entire life. It is the middle of nowhere Wyoming and is your stereotypical small town. There is nothing here. But that's okay, because Sister LIgon and I are having a blast!
This week we saw SO MUCH success, which is largely due to the Lord and the amazing sisters that left the area for us. Those sister are amazing and had lessons set up for us and everything all organized so that it wasn't a mess when we came in.
So some fun stuff from the week:
- We live with this awesome couple and they have three dogs and I am obsessed with these dogs. They have become my best friends. So we didn't know one of the dog's names (we forgot and the sister we live with went out of town) and so we decided to call her Red bull because she has an INSANE amount of energy. She is now going by Red Bull.
- We set an investigator named Kansas on date for May 21 which was just so incredible!! - We had three investigators at church yesterday and got one new investigator this week!
- The ward is so small that I pretty much know everyone's names already.
- Sister Ligon is awesome and we have so much fun together!
- WE DRIVE A TRUCK :)
- There are like a million confederate flags up in Wheatland for some weird reason. I feel like I am back home.
Here are some fun stories from the week. I have already been set up twice by people in the ward here. The first one was at a dinner this week and the dad is like, "Hey, if you aren't writing anyone, we would love for you to marry our son. You'd be the perfect trophy wife." I just about died because it was so awkward and I had no clue how to handle the situation so I just laughed. And then at church yesterday, this elderly gentleman came up to me and goes, "My nephew is less active and we are going to go visit him this week. Keep in my that he is 6'2 and single!" His nephew is also 56 and a widower. I don't know what it is about this town, but it is something that's for sure.
Our new investigator is named Howard and he is awesome. He's met with missionaries twice, but never had a formal lesson. He has already read almost the entire Book of Mormon and he loves it. He said that once he finishes it he is going to come to church and see if he likes it!!
This week has shown me how in tune Heavenly Father is. I was/am so sad to leave Laramie. Like SO SAD, but I have also felt so good here. I know that the Lord is aware of each and every one of us and our needs. He loves us all so much and is going to be there regardless of what choices we make. We only need to let Him in and He will help us.
I have gotten to take a bunch of pictures this week and I have loved every minute of it so I hope you all like them!! I miss you all like crazy!! I hope you're all doing well!
Love, Sister Hooper
Red Bull, who sleeps with me occasionally
Fun clock cat in the kitchen
Me in front of creepy abandoned warehouse
Us and our truck
Middle of nowhere
Shadow, who also sleeps with me occasionally
Sheila, she doesn't really sleep with me
Super pretty blossoms
Our investigator Mike's cool decorations
My face when they told me that Wheatland is in the Book of
World Records for having the most churches per capita.
Bring. It. On.